Friday, October 25, 2013

Black Bean Hummus Dip

Happy Fall everyone <3 what a beautiful time of the year.
I couldn't tell you why, but for some reason turmeric weirds me out.
I tried making a hummus a while ago, using the oily paste, and couldn't get myself to eat it.
I made a hummus a few weeks ago (without any turmeric), brought it into work and everyone devoured it. It was gone within 15 minutes and it filled a good sized Tupperware.
That's when I decided to experiment with different healthy food options to throw in the hummus, giving it natural, healthy flavors.
HERE is the black bean hummus.
 
 
Oh, the blender. Not my favorite appliance, but necessary for today.
 
 
You will need:
1/4 cup Olive oil
(2) slices lemon
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 can Garbanzo beans
1 can Black beans
Salt and Basil to taste
whichever toppings you prefer, I love jalapeno stuffed olives.
 
 
Two favorites of mine.
 
 
Make sure to wash your beans, getting rid of the excess sodium.
 
 
 
Blend all ingredients together until smooth (or chunky, whichever you prefer).
 
 
 
These GF crackers tasted awesome with the dip.
 
 
And of course I had to slice up the jalapeno stuffed olives to top it off ;)
 
 
 
And a GF cupcake to end things sweet, because hey, Some Like it Sweet.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment :)

Read more: http://www.techtrickhome.com/2013/02/show-comment-box-above-comments-on.html#ixzz2ccZc1xga